Community Aid and Development Corporation (CAD) is a 501 (c) (3) non profit corporation organized under the laws of the State of California. We are a Human Health and Welfare service agency with a presence in the metropolitan Atlanta area since 1989. Our national headquarters is located in Decatur, Georgia. We have additional offices in Jackson, Mississippi, and Detroit, Michigan.
Our driving mission is to provide assistance, and support to underserved members of the community through social, and educational development. This is done by the use of forums, tutorial, recreational, and cultural programs.
CAD sponsors programs designed to empower African-American communities through a greater sense of self-awareness so they can be successful in life. Our primary target group is multi-gender community youth. These programs focus on instilling self-respect, self-discipline, and self-determination. The end result will reflect a reduction in crime, drug addiction, and inter-racial violence.
We are raising funds to:
- To purchase of land for Camp Pumziko
- Purchase a facility to support the programs of a community center
- Sponsor summer youth programs
- Provide life-skills seminars and workshops
- Provide academic tutorial programs
- Sponsor youth sporting teams and events